HOMECHALK PAINTMILK PAINTLOCATIONSWORKSHOPSCOLOR RECIPESCONTACTBLOG
"I just want to create beautiful things, even if nobody cares" -Anonymous

Friday, February 10, 2012

Why I do what I do....


I received an e-mail from a complete stranger yesterday. I couldn't believe she took the time to send me such a nice message. After I read it, I was so moved. I then realized why I do what I do. Here is what she wrote:

"I just found your blog.  Love the painted vintage furniture!  I love your enthusiasm and sense of humor, they made me smile and put me in a good mood. Thanks!  I've been in a slump for a year or better and your site has given me inspiration to get busy.  I'm a junk collector and love vintage items. I have a few vintage pieces that I'd love to paint like you've shown, that's my goal. I''m going to check into this awesome brand of paint and hope I can find it out here in Kansas.  Thanks for the inspiration!!!"

I am so in awe by seeing what creativity can for your soul. I witness it all of the time from the people who attend my workshops. They come in with fear and uncertainty, and leave new found confidence and a huge amount of pride. It's truly amazing to watch. Do I have something to do with that? I sure hope so.


DEBBIE

0 comments: