HOMECHALK PAINTMILK PAINTLOCATIONSWORKSHOPSCOLOR RECIPESCONTACTBLOG
"I just want to create beautiful things, even if nobody cares" -Anonymous

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Irvine Valley College flea market...

On the first Sunday of every month, Irvine Valley College in Irvine, California hosts a great flea market. It opens at 7:00 a.m. and closes at 3:00 p.m.. I wanted to get there as soon as it opened, so I bribed my 8 year old son to roll out of bed early on a weekend morning with the promise of finding old baseball cards for him to add to his collection.



This flea market takes up two huge parking lots and has antique, retro, and refurbished items. They had vintage clothing and jewelry, knick-knacks, furniture, and yes(whew!), old baseball cards.


Aren't these old windows great? Three for $12.00. What a great price!



Love old washboards. See how you can make a shelf out of these at this site.


Need I say more about these AHmazing shutters?!!


So many uses for these. Planters, organizers, or just plain accessories!


Loved this booth! He had old keys, all different types of letters and numbers, old bottle caps, vintage game pieces, etc. My version of candy bins!



These old refurbished utility carts would make great kitchen islands. They were at such a great price too!

We ended our trip with grabbing some accessories and we even scored a free Nolan Ryan baseball card from a really nice guy at one of the furniture booths! Here is my favorite thing I took home...



I bought this old clip display grate and added some vintage numbers(our lucky ones) and word flashcards, old keys, a note, and my favorite black and white photos.

After cutting off the circulation in my arms(and my poor son's) from carrying all of our bags, I have decided I am finally going to break down and buy a "flea market cart". I never saw myself as one of those women, but I have to say, they are the smart ones.

Until my next adventure...


0 comments: