HOMECHALK PAINTMILK PAINTLOCATIONSWORKSHOPSCOLOR RECIPESCONTACTBLOG
"I just want to create beautiful things, even if nobody cares" -Anonymous

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whew! We did it...

Well, I did it. My very first time as a vendor at The Grove flea market at Irvine Valley College, well, at any flea market actually. WHOA! What an experience. I feel like I have a hAnGoVeR. Loading up the day before, waking up at 3:00 a.m., pulling into the parking lot at 5:00 a.m. and setting up by 6:30. I looked at the temperature gauge at 4:30 and it was already 70 degrees. We were in for it! Did I mention I was driving this?


This is what it looks like during the day, not in the dead of night with only mirrors to rely on while backing up! Not to mention I had to maneuver this bad boy down the aisle of where our stall was located while other vendors were setting up. Did you know that an "EZ up" tent is not easy? Good thing we were surrounded by experienced vendors to help us(you just know they were snickering inside, "newbies"). Anyhoo, we finally got the "Not EZ up" situated and we were ready to bring in the goods! Kim and Patti from Truly Tattered brought along their treasures and we were open for business!

Here's a picture of the stall:


Right out of the gate we were busy! I had no idea what to expect because it was a holiday weekend and it was H-O-T! See my cute little Provence desk(from a previous post) tucked in the back there? SOLD. Up front to the left, another desk painted in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey. SOLD. I wish I would have taken a before picture! Here's a before and after of the chair next to it:



A beautiful Goodwill find that had a STINKY fabric covered seat and worn wood arms. I painted it with Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and sealed it with clear and brown wax, re-upholstered the seat and gave it a new life.

Of course I had to bring my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint display along:



TONS of questions about this AHHHmazing product and sold some of course!



Here I am sporting my new Coop apron made by Shabby Cowgirl. I could have sold 20 of these! Thanks Barbara!

Kim, Patti, and I had a great day and I sold almost everything I took! We will be returning in September for another round. Not too bad for my first rodeo!

"The Grove" flea market is held the first Sunday of every month from 7-3. We won't be there in August as both Kim and I will be out of town. I will be hitting the European Flea markets for 2 weeks in July. Oooooh, just wait until you see what I'll have available in September! See you then...


0 comments: