HOMECHALK PAINTMILK PAINTLOCATIONSWORKSHOPSCOLOR RECIPESCONTACTBLOG
"I just want to create beautiful things, even if nobody cares" -Anonymous

Friday, April 29, 2011

My take home treasures...

When I'm out and about scouting for items to use for other people, I ALWAYS seem to find something to take home with me(hmm...funny how it works out that way). I think of it as a humanitarian effort, rescuing lonely objects that need a good home.

I thought you might like to see the little ditties I pick up around town and what ends up happening to them. The following finds are from my Old Towne Orange shopping adventure from a couple posts ago.


I found the above signs at Orange Circle Antique Mall, located at 118 S. Glassell St. They are from the sides of a dismantled crate. I found them stacked inconspicuously on a retro leather chair in a small stall. They caught my eye because Hunt just happens to be my Mom's maiden name, and the last name of a lot of my relatives. I thought it would be a nice gift to give one to my Mom for being the best Nana in the whole world!



Here's the sign in her kitchen bay window.

Next I found this old carpenter’s tool box tucked in the corner of a booth. I thought it would make a perfect planter box.



I removed the old icky sticky tape from the handle and planted three orchids(not live ones, are you kidding me?!) that I already had that were in some not so very attractive pots. I wedged in the pots and secured them in place with newspaper. Then I filled in all of the gaps with green moss and topped it off with reindeer moss(my FAVORITE).

Here is the result:



O-M-G. I totally scored at Antique Depot, located at 155 S. Glassell. I am so on the hunt for vintage hands, and at this place I scored three! CrAzY...I know! Do you know how hard it is to find these?


Well, here they are displayed on an antique cabinet that has been in my family a looooong time.


Oh, and let's not forget the $20.00 chairs I bought last weekend on Antique Row in Pomona.


Well, here they are now:


HA! Okay, so they aren't finished. Have you ever sanded a chair? Well, I've discovered that it ranks really high on the suck-o-meter. Man, this project wasn't as easy as I thought. But I'm learning a lot and I will share the whole experience with you when I'm done(crossing fingers)!

So there you have it. That's what happens to the little treasures I rescue while I'm out...ahem...just "window shopping" for myself.

Until next time...

0 comments: