HOMECHALK PAINTMILK PAINTLOCATIONSWORKSHOPSCOLOR RECIPESCONTACTBLOG
"I just want to create beautiful things, even if nobody cares" -Anonymous

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ummm...where's the bathroom?

I came across a box tucked away safely in the rafters of my garage yesterday evening. To my delight, it contained items from my childhood! A collection of random items that left me wondering why I and how I decided to keep certain things contained in this treasure of a box. As I scoured through everything with excitement, I had quite a few laughs, a few tears, and a warm feeling of nostalgia. My 14 year old daughter had a ball going through these things and poking fun at all of the letters and diary entries that only seemed to be about boys. As my daughter and I sat at the breakfast nook table, we bonded over the similarities we shared. It was proof that I went through exactly what she is knee deep in now!

I was so excited when I came across my beloved "Gnome Gnotebook"(how cute is that?). I was slightly obsessed with these spirited little beings during my early years! As I turned the pages, jogging my memories of my life in the suburbs of Milwaukee, I came across a jewel...a drawing of my very first floor plan! Although I question the layout, it's not bad for an 11 year old. Well, except for one thing, where's the bathroom? Hmmm, now that I'm looking at it, maybe the gnome is in the unlabeled bathroom?!

1 comments:

Sue H @ Astrachic Studio said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Debbie, What a treasure to find! Enjoy your new blog. I think it will be lots of fun.
Sue
Astrachic Studio
South Australia